- North Shore Overlord
- About the North Shore Overlord
- Course Map
- Save-On / PriceSmart Foods Feed Zone
- Rules and Guidelines
- The Fine Print
- 2011 Results
- Fernie GPS Gravity Enduro
- flaik GPS
GPS Gravity Enduro
THINK YOU’VE GOT MAD SKILLS IN THE BIKE PARK?
Sunday, July 15, 2012 we’re going to find out. This year, Gravity Fest at Fernie Alpine Resort will debut a new racing format called the GPS Gravity Enduro, hosted by us.
THIS IS NOT A “POINT A TO POINT B” RACE.
There is no finish line. Using FlaikTM GPS tracking technology, racers’ progress will be monitored over the whole day. We provide the GPS / GSM TAG to track your stats. You provide the course particulars by exploring the maze of trails in the Bike Park. During the day, racers will need to hit four checkpoints (so that nobody rides the same trail over and over and over again). Time spent in lift lines and on chairlifts does not count toward your total stats, leaving you free to save your game for the trails.
Racers must have strong downhill mountain biking skills and familiarity with bike park riding.
Race day leader board will keep you posted on how your stats are piling up. Compare your stats with other competitors, and see how much time you have left in the race. After the race, relive your day with the FlaikTM website, and share your results on FaceBook.
THERE ARE MULTIPLE WAYS TO WIN.
1. Accumulate the MOST MILEAGE during your 4 hours of riding. (Like I said, time spent in lift lines and riding chairlifts do not count toward your stats.)
2. Achieve the top speed in DRIFT INNOVATION HD SPEED ZONE.
3. Throw down the fastest lap on the RACEFACE TOP GUN DOWNHILL.
4. Post the fastest time in the ICEBREAKER DOUBLE CREEK XC LOOP.
POST RACE AWARDS CEREMONY WILL INCLUDE REFRESHMENTS AND FANTASTIC PRIZES.
Everybody finishes at about the same time, so there’s no waiting around at the finish line to see how you did.
-Discounted lift tickets for racers, free for course marshals
-Relive your day with GPS Data from the FlaikTM website
General inquiries? Please email email@example.com